APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 22, 2019
Are you looking to upgrade your skills or get some one-on-one advice from a leader in your field? SPYA has mentorship funding to help you reach your goals and build your business.
Please contact SPYA before you apply to ensure your project is eligible.
Choose between 2 streams:
1. Producer / Writer / Director (Up to 30 hours at $30/hour; Max $900)*
This stream is for applicants looking for support and/or advice on business development, preparing projects for pitching at national or international markets, preparing funding applications or any other aspect of managing, planning or executing the development, production or post-production of a project.
2. Technical (Up to 10 hours at $30/hour; Max $300)*
This stream is for applicants looking to upgrade their skills in a technical position, such as location sound recording, editing, lighting, or camera operation.
Please Note: This Mentorship Program will fund $30/hour of mentorship. If mentors require more funding per hour, applicants can top up funding themselves.
Who is eligible for this funding?
- Be considered an expert in their field
- Have demonstrated experience working in media development or production
- Have experience working in the format of applicant’s project focus
- Be available to commit to a training plan
- If the application is project-based, the mentor must not be a key creative in the project
Applicants must be:
- Yukon residents (with a valid health care card)
- SPYA Members
- Writers, producers or directors who have demonstrated a commitment to screen-based media projects
How to Apply
- Identify your mentor and ensure they are committed to the project
- Fill in an Application Form
- Provide resumes for yourself and your mentor.
- Provide a training plan indicating the number of hours of training, the fee the mentor will be paid (You are eligible for $30/hour through the mentorship program, if desired you can top up the fee with your own money), and the topics which will be covered or the skills which will be acquired through the mentorship.
- If the application is related to a specific project, please submit project, brief, budget, list of creatives working on the project, and all funding sources.
- Submit your complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline. Ensure you get a confirmation email that your application has been received.
Deadline: EXTENDED to January 24, 2019
A jury will review the applications and make decisions on funding for the mentorships based on the following:
- an applicant’s assessed need for mentorship on a specific project,
- an applicant’s assessed need for professional industry development, or
- an applicant’s assessed need to upgrade their skills in a specific area.
- All payments will be made directly to your mentor
- As you work with your mentor, keep track of all hours spent and topics covered.
- Once you have reached your maximum funded hours, submit a final report to SPYA including:
- An invoice that outlines the total number of hours spent and the total amount to be paid to your mentor. (Invoices must include mentor name, company name, address, phone number, and email address.)
- A completed and signed Mentorship Applicant Reporting Form
- All funded hours of mentorship must be complete by April 30, 2019.
- All invoices for final payment must be received by May 15, 2019. Any invoices received after May 15, 2019 may not be eligible for payment.
This program is made possible by the support of Yukon Media Development.